.::the next generation of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod::.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, September 26, 2008

What I've noticed lately...

I've noticed that I post on here about once a month. That's probably not enough, but for times like now when I've got a writing day and I stay home from work, or to work because there's less interruptions like that, I realize that there's been a lot on my mind that I just need to get out.

I've noticed that we (Anna and I) are on the final stretch of Ali's only-child days. Josiah is due a week from Sunday, which basically means any day now he can come.

I've noticed that in general, Americans hate kids. From a distance, they're cute, but when it comes to actually having them or protecting them, we're not so willing to go out of our way on them. And there are many people who care more for their pets than they do children, or who don't want children at all. In many cases, it's probably good that these people don't have children, but in some cases, I wonder if having a child would help their perspective. Perhaps I'll make this a recurring post on the blog...proof Americans hate kids, part XXIX. Roman numerals always make things seem more important than they really are, like the Super Bowl.

I just noticed that my daughter is cute. She just walked into my office, said "Hi Daddy," put her cheek on my arm, and then walked out again. Then she walked in again, said "Hi Daddy," then walked out again and said "See ya," "See you in a bit," "Bye-bye," and something else I couldn't exactly figure out, all of which must be repeated back to her in order for her to not become visibly upset.

I've noticed that I'm starting to get into a groove with work. This week, I started thinking about the Thanksgiving service. Thanksgiving isn't for another couple months. I'm working ahead. This is good.

I've noticed that I've spent much too much time worrying about being cool and having a cool church, and figuring out how to administrate a church and what a stewardship program should look like, and not enough time reading God's word and doing it.

I've noticed that I have to trust in God to take care of my church. I pray a lot for the people God has called me to shepherd, and I've noticed that there are definite signs of growth already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home